KLH conjugated synthetic peptide derived from human EGFRvIII
Purified by Protein A.
Aqueous buffered solution containing 1% BSA, 50% glycerol and 0.09% sodium azide.
Store at -20°C for 12 months.
Receptor tyrosine kinase binding ligands of the EGF family and activating several signaling cascades to convert extracellular cues into appropriate cellular responses. Known ligands include EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF. Ligand binding triggers receptor homo- and/or heterodimerization and autophosphorylation on key cytoplasmic residues. The phosphorylated receptor recruits adapter proteins like GRB2 which in turn activates complex downstream signaling cascades. Activates at least 4 major downstream signaling cascades including the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCgamma-PKC and STATs modules. May also activate the NF-kappa-B signaling cascade. Also directly phosphorylates other proteins like RGS16, activating its GTPase activity and probably coupling the EGF receptor signaling to the G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Also phosphorylates MUC1 and increases its interaction with SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin. Isoform 2 may act as an antagonist of EGF action.
PRODUCT SPECIFIC PUBLICATIONS
- Wang, Jiansheng. "Clinical significance of EGFR and EGFRvIII expression in human esophageal carcinoma." Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences 27.3 (2011).Read more>>
- Wehrenberg-Klee, Eric, et al. "PET imaging of glioblastoma multiforme EGFR expression for therapeutic decision guidance." Am J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 5.4 (2015): 379-389.Read more>>
- Wei, Jian-wei, et al. "F25P preproinsulin abrogates the secretion of pro-growth factors from EGFRvIII cells and suppresses tumor growth in an EGFRvIII/wt heterogenic model." Cancer Letters (2016).Read more>>
- Agnes, Richard S., et al. "An optical probe for noninvasive molecular imaging of orthotopic brain tumors overexpressing epidermal growth factor receptor." Molecular cancer therapeutics 11.10 (2012): 2202-2211.Read more>>
- Basilion, James, and Richard Agnes. "Targeted non-invasive imaging probes of egfr expressing cells." U.S. Patent Application No. 13/671,957.Read more>>
- Kang, Chun-Sheng, et al. "EGFL7 is an intercellular EGFR signal messenger that plays an oncogenic role in glioma." Cancer Letters (2016).Read more>>
- Liu et al. EGFRvIII/integrin β3 interaction in hypoxic and vitronectinenriching microenvironment promote GBM progression and metastasis. (2016) Oncotarge. 7:4680-94Read more>>
- Khelwatty et al. The impact of co-expression of wild-type EGFR and its ligands determined by immunohistochemistry for response to treatment with cetuximab in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. (2017) Oncotarget. 8:7666-7677Read more>>
- Vettath,et al.Recombinant expression of extracellular domain of mutant Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor in prokaryotic and baculovirus expression systems.(2018) International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 110:582-587.Read more>>
- Hu,et al.The molecular mechanism of cell cycle arrest in the Bursa of Fabricius in chick exposed to Aflatoxin B 1.(2018) Scientific Reports. 8:1770.Read more>>
Formalin-fixed and paraffin embedded human laryngocarcinoma labeled with Anti-EGFRvIII Polyclonal Antibody, Unconjugated (bs-2558R) at 1:200 followed by conjugation to the secondary antibody and DAB staining
A549 Cells lysates probed with EGFRvIII Polyclonal Antibody, unconjugated (bs-2558R) at 1:300 overnight at 4°C followed by a conjugated secondary antibody at 1:10000 for 60 minutes at 37°C.